Wednesday, November 28, 2012

About Us

Hi! We are the Team 60’s! This team is composed of Maria Marquez, John Osorio, Aline Niyonzima, and Sassan Haghighat. The decade that we got to research and write about was the 1960’s. During this decade, like many others throughout history there were a lot of changes and events occurring in America, which are what helped it develop to what it is now. Now we will introduce ourselves and the specific categories that are in this blog.
Hi! My name is Maria Marquez and my major is psychology. The category that I wrote about was the social and political movements that were occurring during the 60’s. There were many movements that had a huge impact in America. The main ones that I focused on were the gay rights, civil rights, Chicano movement, feminism, and the counterculture. In each of these movements specific leaders and groups emerged who have made history and are some of the most popular people we study today. Laws were created as well as broken. Change occurred in every movement and each has its unique way of showing how the people involved fought for their rights. If you are interested to learn more about these changes just go on and visit the Social/Political Movements Page.
My name is Sassan Haghighat; I am student in Grand Canyon University. My major is pre-med with emphasize in dentistry. The blog I wrote is about the Space Race between United States and Soviet Union that lasted for 20 years 1957 to 1975. However, I am writing about the 60s decade, the decade that I and my group mates wrote different and interesting blogs about it. The most important goal in science filed in 60s decade was to send a man from Earth to the Moon and return him safely. In this blog you can read about the space crafts that launched and their details.
Hi, my name is Aline Niyonzima; i am a student at Grand Canyon University and my major is elementary education with emphasis in science.My blog is about entertainment in the 60s, and i know when speaking of entertainment there  music, sports, fashion, movies , tv shows, etc..during this decade, there was a lot of baby boomers who were looking at the american entertainment different. They felt that it was time for change in the kind of music they listened to or the clothes they wore. i chose this topic especially because i love fashion and music,. While reading this blog you will find interesting facts about the sixties' entertainment., and who made it all happen.

          I'm John Osorio and I wrote about religion in the 1960's. I think you'll find this blog both factual and entertaining  Religion in this era was changed by both religious people and especially the non-religious. You'll find that the impact of the 60's on religion spread across the following decades all the way until today. Googling the 60's religious change will spark so much information and conjecture about the decade that one can hardly know where to begin but I've highlighted key moments that should shed light on the mood and tone of the 60's own special religion. 








No comments:

Post a Comment